Lifestyle Plays Crucial Role In Treating Hypertension. Here Are Some Lifestyle Changes You Can Make To Lower Your Blood Pressure And Keep It Down.
- Lose Extra Pounds And Maintain Healthy Weight: High blood pressure is related to high obesity levels. A heavy weight person often finds it difficult to manage the various health requirements of the body. Also, Obesity puts greater pressure on the heart to circulate blood to different parts of the body, often resulting in breathing problems, sleep apnea and extreme hypertension.
- Regular Exercise: Regular Exercising and intense workout routines help maintaining flexibility to the body. Workout sessions provide greater metabolism and facilitate effective functioning of different organs of the body. Also, try out some exercises like jumping, hopping, cycling, jogging, skipping, and which cater towards significant reduction of blood pressure levels.
- Healthy Diet Plan: Eating a diet which contains rich in whole grains, fruits, vegetables and low-fat dairy products and skimps on saturated fat and cholesterol can lower your blood pressure. Maintain eating plan known as the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) diet.
- Reduce Sodium Quantity In Your Diet: It is highly recommended to limit the intake of sodium in your diet lesser than 2000 mg per day. Choose those foods where the food labels depict low sodium levels. Try avoiding salt wherever possible and reduce the amount of processed foods that you consume in your diet.
- Limit The Amount Of Alcohol Consumption: Alcohol consumption in huge amounts is going to make you more vulnerable to hypertension. The best way is to limit the consumption of same while trying to ease out. Your body will adjust to the reduction naturally.
- Quit Smoking: Being the primary cause of lung cancer and other health issues, smoking induces fluctuated hypertension levels and causes faster disintegration of the vital organs in body. Hence it is absolutely essential to quit smoking habit and make room for a healthier lifestyle in general.
- Reduce Your Stress:Unnecessary stress is doing more harm than good. Keep stress away through meditation and yoga.
Hypertension is a silent killer that can affects the quality of life. Maintain a healthy lifestyle in order to lead a happy life.